Monday, May 28, 2012

Reasoning


I am no fool to think that I will persuade some with this article. My writting this is two fold: 1. to write out my thought for myself and 2. To reassure thoughs how think the same way as me.

Now I can use scripture to prove my point. So can everyone else. Any 'theologin' can twist scripture to say what he would like. I am more just asing people to use their noodles on this one.

Now I have heard many arguments about why people don't believe reformed doctrine. The biggest thing I've heard from folks is that they can not believe that God chooses His elect. Or that it is not fair that God chooses. My focus is not so much on that subject. My thoughts are on the questions: 'How can a loving God create people to go to hell?' and 'How can you say that God wants people to sin'

Some folks believe that God creates people specifically to go to hell. Some believe that God does not. Say God does not create people ot go to hell, that's a fair conclusion to be found in the scriptures. But lets think for a moment. God knows every person that will accept Christ as their Saviour. I believe both camps of thought can agree on that. So God creates John Lenin. Knowing full and well that John Lenin will reject the gospel. Is that not creationg some that is just going to go to hell? 'But Lenin had the chance to hear and believe!' Fair enough but even if he had that chance to hear and believe and God still created someone knowing full and well that he would live his whole life and go to hell.

Are there holes in my logic? To me, no. To you there are so many holes they should film a Disney movie on this essay. That's just fine.

Second is the question, 'How can you believe that God wants people to sin?' Let us travvel back to the garden in Eden. Don't you think that God could have not created woman? Don't you think that God could have not created Lucifer? Don't you think God could have destroyed Lucifer when he fell? Could God not have chosen another reality in which man and woman did not rebel and, of there own free will, chose to obey God and serve Him?

We know that sin displeases God. It angers Him and breaks His heart...but does it not seem that God could have stopped sin from happening? Would it be safer to say that it just might be part of His eternal purpose? And that though it angers Him that He is allowing it to happen for a purpose?
Once again, I am not trying to sway anyone in what they believe. If God chooses to use this post to do that, prasie Him. This is for people who believe as I do, and that this might help them sort out things in their own minds and studies.

May God get the praise for all He accopmlishes through us.

4 comments:

  1. I am no fool to think I may persuade some with this comment, but nonetheless I will waste my time quickly. I laugh as I look at your blog, and all your little Calvinistic buddy's blogs.
    You all wear your Calvinistic, um excuse, I mean reformed, theology so proudly. You are all so smart, like the little spawn of John Piper and John McArthur. It's all you can talk about, so you create these little blogs and all unite under the banner of calvinism and the ultimate glory of God.
    But are you really accomplishing anything? Have you ever stopped and actually thought how little of a part calvinism should play in your theology? That in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Should calvinsim really affect the way you minister? I sure hope not.
    I won't tell you whether I'm a calvinist or not, because it really doesn't matter. I'm more concerned with serving God. Not writing blog posts to stroke my ego. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you read it lol and if you think how you believe has nothing to do with your walk with God you are dead wrong. The main reason I started believing reformed doctrine (I am no Calvinist) was that it had a larger view of Who God is. When your whole life is based on souls, souls, souls, guess what? You just took your focus off Jesus and put it on man.

    Keep your man based theology and practices. I'll trust in God and His word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't really planning on replying, but I don't want you to misrepresent my satirical heckling and thoughts above.

    I believe that what you believe has everything to do with how you behave. Though you are not a "Calvinist", in your own estimation, your original post reeks of it. But I understand that the reformed movement doesn't want to identify with stereotypes. In your estimation, you're a "Biblicist" most likely. I would consider myself the same. The difference is in how we "interpret" God's word. I could be like the majority of my "camp" and say I believe the Bible and it only, and say that you believe some man-made heresy that originated in the 1500's. But I don't agree with that brash arrogance.

    I feel this is a matter of liberty and being "fully convinced in your own mind". I also can't say that I agree with the many in my "camp" that are all about souls, all the time. Ultimately, I believe we were created to glorify God, and God is much bigger than soulwinning and/or reformed theology.

    My one and only point is this, I look at the blogs of the new, young reformers, and I see a lot of talk and theology. Talk and theology are good, but sadly, many times, and don't think I'm pointing at you as I don't know you, there is very little action. Action is good, as well, and just like theology it needs to be balanced. "Knowledge puffeth up", and I'm afraid many times it has done that with young theologians. Please don't misrepresent my sentiment, as I believe a life of action only, will lead to a shallow Christianity as well.

    My unfortunate experience with many reformed theologians, is that they feel they are part of an enlightened club that looks down on ignorant, weaker brothers who are not. Of course, a life of action/soulwinning without reflection and time with God will lead you to be something just as evil, e.g. Jack Schaap. My call is to balance. May we all strive to have a reflection of the balance that our Saviour has demonstrated to us.

    God-speed in your future endeavors. May the Lord bless you and your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't take the name Calvinist because I do not believe in pedo-baptism as calvin did nor do I believe in the union of church and state outside of a literal, actual theocracy. That is why I wouldn't take the name.

    I believe in balance my good man (I assume man lol). I have worked in countless churches with their music, children's services, and maintenance. I've door-knocked, discipled, and preached in six counties in two hemispheres. I get exactly where you're coming from! There is a balance that is needed.

    I know what you mean when you say that reformed people look down their noses at others and view them as insuperior. I try not to do that at all costs. I got a 2.45% in college (or something like that) I do not claim to be any kind of scholar. If people are curious or asking questions about what I believe I call it how I see it. I'm not here in this blog to proselytize. If you read some of my earlier posts I try to look through passages in the Bible that I find interesting, not to push a dogma.

    Thanks for your comments and your opinion, it is not disregarded.

    ReplyDelete